The Next Generation of Bundled Payments
BPCI Advanced is the next generation of the original Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) initiative created by Medicare, and a further progression of the value-based healthcare movement.
BPCI Advanced will qualify as an Advanced Alternative Payment Model (Advanced APM) under the MACRA Quality Payment Program.
Open enrollment for BPCI Advanced ended Monday, March 12, 2018. But, another window will open in 2020.
Prepare for the next round and read our thoughts about BPCI Advanced on our blog.
Applied to BPCI Advanced?
The next step is analyzing your data and discovering your opportunity.
Thanks for joining our bpci advanced webinar series.
If you missed any of our webinars and are interested in learning more, click below to see the list and receive recordings.
Selecting a BPCI Advanced Partner
Selecting the right partner to help manage BPCI Advanced is key to success. That’s why we’re glad to offer a list of considerations to help you make an informed decision.
GET THE TOOLS AND TIPS TO SUCCEED IN BPCI ADVANCED
There is no time to waste in applying and preparing for BPCI Advanced.
We developed Archway Academy to answer the questions many clinicians still have about the program:
- Are they right for me?
- How do I know it will work?
- What can I expect as a return?
- How much does it cost?
- Does it make care better?
- When, where, and how do I apply?
Learn more about Archway Academy.
BPCI Advanced, like other bundled payment programs, rewards clinicians for improving outcomes and lowering costs. Providers will be given an all-inclusive bundle price to cover the inpatient and post-acute care costs during an episode of care. With control of the entire episode, providers have the opportunity to earn additional revenue by improving care management to reduce post-acute costs and readmissions.
Current program characteristics include:
- Voluntary Model
- A single retrospective bundled payment and one risk track, with a 90-day Clinical Episode duration
- 29 Inpatient Clinical Episodes
- 3 Outpatient Clinical Episodes
- Qualifies as an Advanced APM
- Payment is tied to performance on quality measures
- Preliminary Target Prices provided in advance of the first Performance Period of each Model Year
Contact us to learn more about BPCI Advanced.