The Next Generation of Bundled Payments
BPCI Advanced is the next generation of the original Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) initiative created by Medicare, and a further progression of the value-based healthcare movement.
BPCI Advanced will qualify as an Advanced Alternative Payment Model (Advanced APM) under the MACRA Quality Payment Program.
Open enrollment for BPCI Advanced ends after Monday, March 12, 2018. Read our thoughts about BPCI Advanced on our blog.
"BPCI Advanced 101" Weekly Webinars
- Thursday, 3/1 at 11:00 am EST: "BPCI Advanced: Implications of New Target Pricing"
- Wednesday, 3/7 at 3:00 pm EST: "Open Q&A"
Can't make the webinar you want? Contact us to receive a link of the recording.
On the webinars, we’ll also give an overview of Archway Academy, a complimentary, online learning platform dedicated to BPCI Advanced.
Selecting a BPCI Advanced Partner
Selecting the right partner to help manage BPCI Advanced is key to success. That’s why we’re glad to offer a list of considerations to help you make an informed decision.
GET THE TOOLS AND TIPS TO SUCCEED IN BPCI ADVANCED
There is no time to waste in applying and preparing for BPCI Advanced.
We developed Archway Academy to answer the questions many clinicians still have about the program:
- Are they right for me?
- How do I know it will work?
- What can I expect as a return?
- How much does it cost?
- Does it make care better?
- When, where, and how do I apply?
Learn more about Archway Academy.
BPCI Advanced, like other bundled payment programs, rewards clinicians for improving outcomes and lowering costs. Providers will be given an all-inclusive bundle price to cover the inpatient and post-acute care costs during an episode of care. With control of the entire episode, providers have the opportunity to earn additional revenue by improving care management to reduce post-acute costs and readmissions.
Current program characteristics include:
- Voluntary Model
- A single retrospective bundled payment and one risk track, with a 90-day Clinical Episode duration
- 29 Inpatient Clinical Episodes
- 3 Outpatient Clinical Episodes
- Qualifies as an Advanced APM
- Payment is tied to performance on quality measures
- Preliminary Target Prices provided in advance of the first Performance Period of each Model Year
More details are to be released soon. Sign up for our weekly webinars on stay updated.