The Archway Health team has been involved in the CMS bundled payment programs since the inception of the Bundled Payment for Care Improvement (BPCI) initiative in 2011. Over the last 4 and half years we have worked with hundreds of providers to evaluate, implement and manage BPCI and other bundled payment initiatives.
In that time we’ve a developed a simple six-step process designed to help providers succeed in these programs. Below is a brief description of each of the six steps. Over the next several weeks we will post a series of articles that delve deeper into the details and process behind of each of these steps.
Archway’s Six Step Bundled Payment Management Process
- Baseline Opportunity Assessment
- Understanding your costs, risks, relative performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Preferred Provider Network Development
- INACT Process – Identify, Notify, Assess, Care Plan, Track.
- Simple Care Management Process
- Partnering with a set of high quality, collaborative physician and post-acute providers.
- Real Time Patient Tracking
- Archway Carelink enables the Care Management team to track and manage patients in real time without requiring IT interoperability.
- Claims Data Analytics
- Archway Analytics provides web-based volume, trend, cost, performance and reconciliation data based on the CMS claims.
- Integrated Performance Dashboard
- Combines claims and real time data to give the care management and finance teams a real time picture of program performance.
Bundle payment programs can be complicated. Our goal at Archway is to keep them simple. We’d love to hear your thoughts and comments on these steps, our approach, and what you’re doing to manage your BPCI and CJR programs.